Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The calm before the storm....or the storm before the calm?

Less than 10 days. I can't believe it. I've already started packing my bags and getting my things in order. It's all starting to get real, and that's probably why I decided to make this blog now.

My flight leaves at 5:40 PM next Thursday, August 19th from Newark, getting me into Copenhagen at 7:25 AM local time on the 20th. Between now and then, I have to figure out how to transport my entire life across the Atlantic. It's going to be crazy getting everything together, but this is an instance where the ends justify the means. I won't be back in the US until December 19th, giving me exactly 4 months to explore Europe and all it has to offer. Right now, I have no idea what to expect. I don't know where I'll be living, what classes I'll be taking, or where I'll be traveling to (besides London as part of my core course requirements and Portugal on a DIS-organized adventure trip). I am literally entering the world of the unknown. That scares me. But I know that this will be an experience that I'll never forget, and that makes me excited.

I'm not really sure how I'll make use of this blog. I'm going to try to document my experiences on here, but like I said, I have no idea what my life is going to be like abroad. I'll post as often as I can, or as often as I see fit, but I'm making no guarantees. I'm leaving this open to however I feel like using it, and any readers are just going to have to deal with that fact. Right now, it's helping me cope with my anxiety before I leave.

For the time being, I'm just going to try to enjoy the time I have left with my family and friends, eat plenty of good American food, get my bags packed, and wrap my head around the fact that I'm going to be living abroad for four months.

1 comment:

  1. So... now that you've been there and back, what do you think? Niiiice huh, hot chicks, the bar is crazy... always open... hehehe... did you learn anything? From: an American who discovered kbh by accident and spent 10 years... 4 of which were at "the kolligium". Nice to read your post.

    ReplyDelete